Professional Development Calendar
To have your Science related Professional Development conference
or workshop posted here, please email details to
- Science World
Teachers’ Night Out
Telus World of Science - Vancouver, BC.
4:30pm to 8pm - September 26th,
Enjoy a FREE evening to explore the engaging
exhibits and network with colleagues.
- Preview our feature exhibition, Zoom into Nano, and learn
about our associated
- Receive in-person advice for planning a fantastic field trip
from our expert staff.
- Enjoy a 20% discount on great toys and educational resources
in Kaleidoscope, our science store.
- Watch engaging live science demonstrations.
- Enjoy a free OMNIMAX film
- Enter to win fabulous door prizes including the coveted beaker
- Catalyst 2016
Conference - Quality Science Teaching
Cambie Secondary School - Richmond, BC.
8am to 4:30pm - October 21st, 2016.
- Canadian Light
Source - Professional Development for Science Educators
Canadian Light Source, Saskatoon, SK.
2nd - 4th, 2016.
Canada’s national synchrotron research facility invites teachers
of science at the middle years, high school, and college levels
to our annual workshop in Saskatoon.
Connect classroom science with science research! This workshop
is an opportunity for science educators to learn more about
current Canadian scientific research and hands-on activities at
one of Canada’s biggest research facilities. Each year we open
our doors to the nation’s science teachers, providing them the
unique opportunity to:
Participate in synchrotron experiments
- Learn about novel research in many disciplines
- Network with scientists who share their experiences and
enthusiasm for science
- Explore the entire facility
- Make connections to science curriculum
- An educational strength of Canada’s synchrotron is that it
provides an exciting, real life context for many of the outcomes
expected in the science classroom.
What ‘s in it for you?
· Connect with current research & scientists &
colleagues for ideas to
· Open the door for your students to participate in
Students of the Beamline · Curriculum resource package
Canadian Light Source